So here's a random seashore picture of FL from our holiday in north west Sutherland.
FL and I seem to have stumbled into a new phase of our relationship. During the day, he sleeps a lot and listens to the World Service and devours newspapers and books. When I get home, I walk the dog and knit a lot and watch him sleep. At night, I sleep. He gets up around 4 am to read some more and reminisce. Sometimes he wakes me at 5 am to tell me what he has been reading and thinking. He has finally given up golf. This is a major life event.
But it's not so bad. We have been enjoying the tranquillity of our fire-lit evenings together. He is reading The Poisonwood Bible and is so excited by the descriptions of Africa which he says capture exactly his experience when he taught there in the 1960's.
I am hurtling through the second Biwa sock, which is just as well, as my calendar tells me it is November and I have done very little towards my Christmas knitting goals!
1. Zur Lederhos'n for FL: stalled towards the gusset of sock one. I am afraid they are going to be too narrow, but I don't have the heart to rip it... yet.
2. Herbivore for my son: not yet begun... and my daughter thinks he would never wear a scarf.
3. Scroll Lace for my mother: not yet begun... and I am not sure she would wear it.
4. Secret something for my daughter: not yet begun, but definitely still on the "to do" list.
5. Teen cousin present: done! The Sloochie hat.
So it looks as if I am ditching ideas 1, 2 and 3. I am thinking FL might like a scarf instead of more socks, so Herbivore might yet be knit! For my mother, I am thinking of knitting the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing . If it turns out well, my aunt will get one too, because I appear to have started wearing the Ishbel I knitted for her! And 4 will be a pleasure, but can't be blogged because the walls have ears!