Sunday, November 29, 2009

Square Sunday 3



This week's Barn-Raising Square is Claudia Hand-Paint Sock yarn in Ingrid's Blues, which I used a long long time ago to make socks for my mother - the Cable and Rib pattern from Favorite Socks.
The tam... the tam has been ripped back. If you look carefully at the photo I posted yesterday you will see that there is no pattern to the pattern. My cold-fuddled brain thought that it was meant to look like this until I looked a bit harder. Nope.
Since the whole beauty of Kate's original hat lies in its symmetry, there was nothing for it but to rip it out and start again. I know where I went wrong - I thought every second row was identical... it's not!
Pass the chocolate.
FL is improving - less need for his inhalers today. But he was up all night so is very tired.

2 comments:

Phil Brabbs said...

Simply beautiful!

tea and cake said...

Oh dear, poor you, having to rip it all back! But, very glad to hear FL is getter a bit better.