Thursday, December 24, 2009

FO: Pat-a-Cake Mittens

It is becoming traditional for me to forget to knit anything for next door's baby until Christmas Eve. Last year it was socks.

So I was a day ahead when I knitted these Pat-a-Cake mittens yesterday!

Once again I used the remains of a single skein of Interlacements Toasty Toes (worsted weight), which seems to go on for ever. This child now has a hoodie, a jester hat and a pair of mittens all from the same skein!

It's a free pattern and I really like it - quick, easy to follow, and well-shaped.

Next year will require more planning as by then they will have TWO babies!

I still have my daughter's present to finish, but now that she has flown off for Christmas with her dad and his side of the family, I can take it easy and knit in public! Their flight was delayed by two hours yesterday but at least they got there safely. I hope the next leg of the journey (to Taunton by coach) goes smoothly, but that is out of my hands.

2 comments:

Phil Brabbs said...

What beautiful mittens! Merry Christmas!!!!

tea and cake said...

Hope yesterday was a better day for you. And, Happy Christmas to you!