Wednesday, January 06, 2010

FO: Central Park Hoodie with Extra Lime

I have finished my Central Park Hoodie. Hooray!

Although it has come out with a more open gauge than I might have wanted, it is warm - which is just as well! I might line it with fabric to keep the wind out.
My yarn is, I think, thinner than the recommended brand, but with a very similar look. I kept to the stated needle size and it fits perfectly.

It is a well-written pattern with a very wide range of sizes. My only quibble was the lack of instruction on how to deal with the decreases on the top of the hood if you choose to continue the cable up the back. I fudged it and it is fine, but still...





If I was knitting this again I might make it a bit longer in the body and hood. I extended the sleeve ribbing to allow for thumbholes, which are just gaps in the seams.
Stats:

Central Park Hoodie from Interweave pattern downloads.

Size 36" on 4mm and 5mm Denise interchangeables.

Yarn: deeply rustic single-ply pure wool bought from Thou Art Woolly at Ebay. I pre-washed and slightly felted the skeins before I began knitting as my swatch was badly warped. This definitely fixed the yarn's problems. Thanks to my blog-friends who suggested this cure!
Odd buttons: from a mixed bag bought at Twist Fibrecraft.
Modifications: I knitted the body in a single piece and extended the length of the sleeves.

Verdict: I love it! I will wear this a lot.





9 comments:

Steven L. Ritter said...

Very nice...

zombiecazz said...

Nice work. I've always admired this pattern.
Still love the colour you used.

feresaknit said...

Just love this pattern particularly the thumb hole in the sleeves. I've always liked them and have never thought of doing them the way you did, doh! It looks great. Love the Cinderella stocking pattern too.

PS - I have myeloma like your FL, but much prefer knitting! x

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Wow that is so stunning. Hope FL is ok

RooKnits said...

Oh, it is fabulous. The yarn is completely perfect for it. I love the thumb holes too!

AlisonC said...

wonderful sweater, such inspiration to knit one for myselF

Susie Hemingway said...

Such a pretty colour - love it. Hope you're coping with all the snow - it is bad also in our village. Not venturing very far take care.

Some Chilean Woman said...

Adorable! That's one of my favorite colors too.

suzanne said...

What an amazing colour - gorgeous hoodie!