Friday, January 22, 2010

Sewing plans for 2010

I was surprised at how few garments emerged from my new sewing machine last year. I was sidetracked by bags and aprons! So this year I am planning to get my machine into more regular action. I definitely need smart items for work, especially top-halves, but bought jackets always seem to have ridiculously long sleeves and wide shoulders.

I found this New Look pattern(6570) : flippy skirt, neat little jacket, wide trousers AND a simple v-neck camisole. A whole wardrobe in one pattern!

But when I looked again I realised that every item looked like it came from a Boden catalogue. Do I really want to sew Boden-rip-off garments? But I suppose I do get to choose my own fabrics, which need not be floral prints in primary colours!


And I am tempted by this Hot Patterns biker jacket (1037).
I found a black rep suiting with a fine metallic thread through it which would be fierce in this style!

Inevitably, I want to sew more wide-legged trousers from my favourite pattern (New Look 6190), and have my eye on some chocolate and tangerine pin-striped fabric. Though I would prefer chocolate and lime…

And I already have material for two or three summer dresses from Japanese patterns. Plus my organic denim for an over-dress / apron.

That lot should keep me busy!

No comments: