Friday, March 26, 2010

Vintage-style blouse pattern

Back to sewing talk...

I came across this blouse pattern at Gertie's blog. I have to say that her inspired choice of gingham fabric was what caught my eye. Otherwise I think I would flicked past this pattern in the catalogue. Their styling does nothing for me at all.

And then I realised it was the pattern Green Apples used for her ladylike lumberjack blouse- really? Confirmation that it's a good pattern!

There are definite possibilities here!

I rather like View C, with the cute bows, but maybe taking the longer sleeves from View D... if they are not actually completely froth-tastic like in that photo - shudder! And I need to satisfy my craving for a tie-neck, puff-sleeved blouse with a dip in at the waist by taking the sleeves from C and putting them on body D!
I am thinking polka dots, or even the coral gingham I have in the stash, intended for a child's dress when my daughter was little.

The fitted waistband will work with my new high-waisted trousers, or even to wear over low-waisted ones, while still looking kind of "1940's".

And the pattern was half-price here!

But I have a second pair of Bella trousers to make first! In airforce blue this time.

5 comments:

RooKnits said...

Ooooh it would be really lovely in a gingham.

bagqueen said...

I love this pattern, I've been looking for a good blouse pattern, I can't really do the tucked in type and it needs to have a shape if I'm not going to tuck it in. I want to get away from t-shirts this summer. Thanks once agaoin for doing a bit of research for me!! BTW I find Jaycotts often have patterns at good prices and deliver almost by return of post!

Twelfthknit said...

I'm the scared owner of a new overlocker. I'm going to be looking for some sewing inspiration if I can ever work myself up to putting the thing together....

zombiecazz said...

you've really been inspiring me with all your sewing.
I got a load of essential patterns from my friend today and I fully intend to find something to make. It''l be my first attempt to make a sewn item of clothing from a pattern. I'm a bit scared.

bagqueen said...

Hey you are so not good for me!! I went to Jaycotts to check this pattern out and I managed to buy this one and 2 others because they are half price!! Trouble is I won't look as fab as you in them!! Still even us tubbies can dream aye!! I'm going to bed now so I'll stop commenting on this post!! G'night x