Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Twisted Woolly Toppers

Three hot favourites from "Twisted Woolly Toppers", which is Woolly Wormhead's new hat book.



It is a slender volume but contains ten patterns, all of which I would love to knit, so I think it was a good buy.


"Brownie" is the cutest baby hat I have seen in a long time, and I might even try sizing it up for FL, who loves a hat that covers his ears!

For me, I like Freccia (the red one) and Medici, which is crown-like and will be fun with a lop-sided bob.


And the blue one is Turbine, another man-hat. Because my man can't have too many hand-knitted hats.

I am hoping to get ahead (ho ho ho a-head!) of my gift knitting for the coming year and hats are such a good bet for teens / men / babies - well most people really, with the possible exception of my mother!


So I have dug out a few odd balls from the stash for some serious Easter holiday knitting.

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Brownie is my fave too - and looks the most interesting to knit. I thought all the hats came in a range of sizes - but I could be wrong.
Hope your staycation is going well and you are "on holiday" and spending time relaxing and knitting.

Anonymous said...

I was just reading your staycatuon post and it worried me a bit. I know I don't know all of FL's medical history but the symptoms you have described sound like possible transient ischemic attacks, they can be similar to a stroke but are temporary and no permant damage is done. Is there a chance that you could check with his doctor about the symptoms? I hate to make you worry but would also hate to not say anything at all. Good luck.
Alison