Thursday, May 20, 2010

Knitting news



You would be forgiven for thinking I had given up knitting.


The Helleborus Yoke is feeling doomed - it has been sitting on the windowsill in direct sunlight for longer than I care to think about. Oops. So much for finishing it before the snow melted. At this rate it will be going straight to landfill come the autumn. Oh dear.










Happier news to report on FL's birthday socks, but they are terribly unphotogenic!

I finished Sock One, and it looks very very long in the foot. But every time I measure it, it still comes up as being the same as his favourite socks, so in theory it will fit. Hmmm.
It is forest green with bright purple heels and toes. Not blue - my camera won't play ball. I could tell I was going to run out of yarn if I didn't have some contrast in there. Both colours are YarnYard Croft, and it seems to get softer as I knit with it, while remaining a sturdy man-friendly tweed.


The Nexus pattern requires a fully-engaged brain, which is why this has taken so long. Hopefully my notes will get me through Sock Two without too much trouble.

Meanwhile, the 2010 babies are popping out all over the place and I am behind with my gift knitting. So I cast on a sideways-knit garter stitch baby cardi using self-striping sock yarn (On Linie Supersocke 100, Sport Color).
It is a doddle to knit compared to the Nexus sock, so I hope to get this polished off quite quickly, in the time it takes Amazon to deliver a copy of Owl Babies for the infant's older sister! The mum has slightly hippy tendencies, so I think she will appreciate the look of this pattern.

1 comment:

feresaknit said...

Love the sock yarn on the cardy - wait until you see my socks you are going to be soooooooooo impressed! ;D