Saturday, June 26, 2010

FO: Self-Striping Baby Cardi



This was going to be a quick project. I thought it would take me a week, tops.
Ha!
Several weeks later, here we have the jazzily-named DROPS b14-27, a free pattern which is supposed to be knitted in two colours of alpaca. I used self-striping sock wool instead.

It was a very easy knit. Too easy. I lost concentration and had to rip back the second sleeve when I knitted it as if it was the front.
But I was determined to finish it by the end of the week, and I did, thanks to Groove Armada at Glastonbury on the BBC last night! Those regular beats kept me going: click, click, click to the end. Woo hoo!
Stats:
Pattern: DROPS b14-27
Yarn: On Linie Supersocke 100 sport color, part of a bulk order from a shop in the Netherlands. I only have one ball left now - it's proven to be a good buy.
Buttons: Vintage 1940's from Clover Crafts and Curios at Eeee baaay.
Verdict:
Very cute! But the blue buttons don't make it unisex. The next baby had better be a girl!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Yay, well done for finishing before the weekend. Love this patern in this yarn.

Kate said...

I love it! The colours are very Joseph. ;-)