Friday, July 23, 2010

The Great Tidy-Up of 2010


There has been tidying on an unprecedented scale.
This is the back of the farmhouse as it looks today.
A week ago, it was surrounded by junk and that sunlit grassy slope was in total darkness due to overhanging branches.
FL hired the local farm labourer and his John Deere monster truck to clear the place.

We now have a pile of logs to be cut for firewood.
There is also a 12-foot pile of old doors, pallets and a boat(!) to be bon-fired when the wind is in the right direction and the neighbours are all out.

And a pile of scrap metal, cabling and pipes to be taken away. The collection has been booked!


The side of the garage is now a clear concrete slab. I want to site my chicken coop here!



And indoors, I have boxed up my knitting magazines and sewing patterns.
See what it says on the box? "Carpe Diem"! Seize the day!
There's a whole new burst of energy around here.
:)
P.S. Boxes from Lidl: 2 for £2.99

3 comments:

didyoumakethat said...

Wow. That is about as different to Walthamstow as it gets. I love those boxes - might have to get some.

feresaknit said...

I feel a trip to Lidl coming on - those boxes are so much nicer than my utilitarian looking ones.

Love the farm, the view, even the farmie looking pile of rubble.

feresaknit said...

I had a trip to Lidl today. I bought out their entire stock - one pack - but managed to spend £14.75! They came in extremely handy to use as a platform for carrying the other stuff back to the car as I was too mean to pay for a carrier bag!