Wednesday, September 08, 2010

SSS: Days Six, Seven, Eight

Day Six:

Challenges: IT meeting with senior people. High winds!
Attitude / Inspiration: Flapper with a twist?
Self-Stitched:
Green Bella trousers, blogged here
Liberty Sencha blouse, blogged here
Knickers, blogged here
Gaps: Cardigan (yawn!), lack of which provoked deployment of thermal vest

Solutions: Will you knit that beeping cardigan, Roo, before we all go mad?
Conclusion: A good day for self-stitchery! I love the Sencha / Bella combination: it just "works", especially with my granny's genuine vintage glass beads!

Day Seven:

Challenges: Quiet day in the office. High winds!
Attitude / Inspiration: A bit of a 1940's vibe?
Self-stitched:
Green Bella trousers, as above
Sandpiper blouse, blogged here
Knickers, as above
Gaps: as above
Solutions: as above

Conclusion: There's a definite rhythm developing here. I like back-buttoned blouses with Bella trousers and a quirky necklace - today it was the birdcage from here.


Day Eight:
Challenges: Quiet day in the office.
Attitude / Inspiration: Need for a bit of fun and colour. Sick of that cardigan!

Self-stitched:
Red Clothkits skirt, blogged here
Black Japanese pattern jacket, blogged here
Knickers, as above

Gaps: Warm black long-sleeved-ness, so thermal vest also required!

Solutions: It's becoming old news. I need to sew / knit seasonally-appropriate tops!
Conclusion: A very comfortable "fun" outfit, which I reckon manages to look smart at the same time.
Simple black agate bead earrings from Red Bird at Etsy (UK seller)
Shoes: Fly London. I have worn these every day this week, despite the evidence of the two photos above, where I am wearing my driving shoes!

7 comments:

RooKnits said...

I really must finish my birdie skirt! Love the outfits - I wore handknit socks and a my only self stitched top today inspired by you!

Linda AKA Loobylou said...

Seriously windy couple of days. 3 great outfits and the cardigan looks better unbuttoned. I prefer the trousers with the yellow top. Another skirt that's a good length on you. I think that's a very smart outfit for the office. Although I don't sew I do look at a lot of sewing blogs and that's the most common "mistake" that I come across is too short a hem length. If you're looking to knit a quick cardi I find top-down to be faster than bottom-up - it only took me 2 weeks to knit Peasy and i made it quite long.

christinelaennec said...

I am so impressed! Great outfits, even under very trying conditions of high winds and top-level meetings. I would not be surprised to hear you had confected the fishnet tights yourself either.

I have been so intrigued by your self-stitch September that last night in yoga I found myself itching to check and see the latest on your blog. Thanks for an inspiring project!

didyoumakethat said...

Ooh, I do like those Bella trousers on you. They look so comfie. I just can't decide if I'll look like a short sack of potatoes if I made a version.

Fiona said...

The skirt is really lovely - in fact, think Day 8 might be my favourite so far! I'm so impressed.

Roobeedoo said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence! This SSS lark is not so bad - you should try it!

feresaknit said...

I LOVE that skirt - I also like the stripey tights from the original pic!