Sunday, September 19, 2010

SSS: Days 16,17,18,19


Day 16:
Challenges: 9am meeting, so needed to be organised the night before
Attitude / Inspiration: Tried and tested!

Self-stitched: Green Bella, Sencha blouse, knickers

Gaps: had to wear a thermal vest!

Solutions: Make long-sleeved tops for autumn!

Conclusion: This weekend, I need to so some serious sewing. Even some light-hearted sewing would be a start!





Day 17:
Challenges: Friday... but my department doesn't "dress down"
Attitude / Inspiration: Autumnal tweeds

Self-stitched: Wool skirt, blogged here; Manon jacket, blogged here, purple dobby dot blouse, blogged here

Gaps: Knickers! Don't worry, I had some shop-bought ones in the drawer! Armwarmers.

Solutions: Yarnissima's new armwarmer pattern, Fiore di Notte - the kit uses Lilith's yarn too - oooh! Shame the first pair are for a gift...

Conclusion: Cold arms! I usually wear this knitted jacket over a long-sleeved t-shirt but the colour goes so well with the blouse I had to give it a go. The skirt is too long. I made it when I was wider and it won't stay up. My blouse kept popping out of the top too. I thought this skirt had a touch of the Westwoods about it... I refer to it as my "Vivienne" skirt... but seeing this photo I am not so sure. It's looking a bit old-lady-ish in an un-cool sort of way.
Frump-tastic?

Days 18 and 19:

Challenges: The weekend. It is cold, but I don't want to put the heating on yet. I want to sew but have housework to do - blah!

Attitude / Inspiration: Not much.
Self-stitched: Central Park Hoodie and Bridget's Blue Soup socks, blogged here.
Gaps: Jeans, long-sleeved top and thermal vest!
Solutions: Get sewing...
Conclusion: No picture cos it rained all weekend and I have been trying to fit in some sewing during daylight hours.

5 comments:

christinelaennec said...

I think the skirt looks really sharp, and not frumpy at all. I don't think it looks too long (though point taken if it isn't staying up at the waist). I literally oohed when I got to your Day 17 photo. Once you finish your armwarmers you'll be all set!

Sigrid said...

I like this skirt, and I agree that the shirt and sweater look great together.

bagqueen said...

Sorry I commented on this skirt but under last blog entry!! duh!! what a div!!

Roobeedoo said...

Thanks people! Maybe the shoes are the problem after all. (Hooray - an excuse to look at shoes!)

feresaknit said...

If you wore that jacket another day I may already have commented because I know I looked at your past post on it, but then again I may have got distracted and forgot to comment! Anyhoo - I LIKE IT!