Saturday, September 11, 2010

SSS: Days Nine, Ten, Eleven

Day Nine:


Challenges: Quiet day in the office

Attitude / Inspiration: I wanted to wear this dress, despite the approach of autumn, so had to layer it up.

Self-Stitched:
Japanese pattern dress, blogged here
Knickers, as before

Gaps: I had to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt under the dress and a cardigan on top: neither home-made.

Solutions: Yadda yadda yadda

Conclusion: This outfit got me so many compliments at work! I felt relaxed and stylish. A good day! Vintage boots, as before. Birdcage necklace, as before. TopShop hairclip.
Day Ten


Challenges: Up at 5am for a 3-hour train journey to Glasgow for a training course, dress code: "smart / casual".

Attitude / Inspiration: Where has my Boden order got to? (If I have to wear this cardigan one more time I am going to scream.)

Self-stitched:
Exactly the same outfit as Day Three, but didn't do up buttons on the cardigan (woooo - dangerous!?!)

Conclusion:
When you get dressed in the dark and come home in the dark, after a whole day of Risk Management training and six hours on British Rail... you just don't care any more! Well - I don't!

But I did have lots of knitting time and finished my son's "going away" socks and read a fair chunk of Elaine Showalter's new tome "A Jury of Her Peers". Serious reading!

Day Eleven:

Um... well I am wearing my Mulled Wine socks, and home-made knickers. But other than that I think the weekend is going to be a self-stitched wash-out: jeans.

2 comments:

christinelaennec said...

I love the Japanese dress. The colours at least are very autumnal. And I was interested to see that you've ordered from Boden - back on Day Two I was going to comment that you looked like you were straight out of the Boden catalogue, but then I wasn't sure if you would take this as a compliment or not!

I think your clothes show more imagination than most of the current Boden things anyway.

Linda said...

And the Day 9 outfit also gets a big thumb up from me. Great print.