Monday, September 06, 2010

Warning: Enabling Post!

It's been a crazy few weeks here. I have had no time to sew, and am feeling quite overwhelmed by the ideas buzzing round my head, and all the new fabrics / patterns / wool I have either bought or put on the Wish List!
So I thought I would "share", cos that's the kind of person I am :o)
New in at Sewbox: Liberty jersey, organic jersey, Liberty silk and some amazing Alexander Henry prints on a super-silky tana-lawn-like base fabric - ooooh!

I am SO tempted to make a silk Sencha, or that bow-neck blouse from Burda Feb 2008.

This is "January" paisley silk - mmmm!

They have several of these deep, dark, mysterious autumnal prints - not at all the "usual" ditsy florals.
I really like the midnight-blue jersey called "November": it would make a fab long-sleeved top.

In the world of Knit, I pre-ordered "Brave New Knits" by Julie Turjoman.
Strangely, the designers featured in this amazing book don't seem to be trumpeting about it yet. It is one of those books that I just had to have, immediately. And knit everything in it... yesterday!
26 patterns by the "best" knitting bloggers, with supporting interviews by Julie Turjoman, and photos by Jared Flood!


I will be knitting the socks on the front cover
using a mix of variegated and plain green sock wools from Lidl, bought with the weekly grocery shop on Friday (I blame Kate!).
But there's also a beautiful lace shawl by Ysolda, a sculptural cabled jacket, Krookus, by Mari (who designed Sylvie, coat of my dreams), an Origami shawl / cardigan by Melissa Wehrle, a simple shawlette by Jared Flood (pattern free here!). Actually, I just discovered lots of pictures on Jared's blog here. Don't you just want to give up work and spend a year knitting your way through this book... or is that just me?

5 comments:

Siga said...

Yeah, I've already seen so many great pictures out of this book that I'm going to purchase it as well. :)

mooncalf said...

Oh no, I can't be tempted. All my money went on my sewing machines

- puts fingers in ears -

Kate said...

But you have to admit, it's the bargain basement sort of enabling, which hurts no one. ;-)

Sandy said...

la la la - can't hear you... all it takes is a drop in the temperature, some rain (which we have today) and I am perusing fabric stores and thinking "what size needle?" You temptress, you!

Pennie said...

When I saw the photos from the photoshoot on Brooklyn Tweed i knew I wanted to make absolutely everything in the book...I have to confess though that after a year I still only have the woodsmoke scarf completed due to other things getting in the way :-(