Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Various Acts of Stupidity

Note to self: do not throw ball for dog while he is still on the lead.
Second note to self: learn to differentiate between accelerator and brake at Tesco roundabout.
I am not sure how I got away with these twin acts of stupidity. My neck hurts but it could have been so much worse.

Meantime... thank you for all your supportive comments concerning the Girl. She is off to London for a visit soon and I hope she will get the chance to see round the potential school while she is there.

FL is complaining about pain in his lung. I have suggested that inhaling mushroom spores was unlikely to have been good for him, but he is having none of it. He took to his bed yesterday, which is never a good sign.

On a totally frivolous note, I tracked down a Tara Starlet tartan dress in TK Maxx for £19 instead of its original £70.
It is a size 8.
Clearly I have delusions of skinniness. But I reckon I could insert a panel of black satin in the centre back and add fake "corset lacing" with satin ribbons to add those extra inches.
There is loads of excess fabric at the top of the skirt, so that will let out easily... or so my theory goes!
And if all else fails, my daughter doesn't have a Christmas party dress and could "goth it up"..?!

6 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

beautiful dress:) Yes I am addicted to shawls at the moment (well to queuing them at least)

christinelaennec said...

Thanks for the laugh and I hope your neck is recovered now. I think we've all had days like that...

Sorry to hear FL is poorly. I hope he's MUCH better very soon and that you can still go on your wee holiday.

Sandy said...

Love the dress idea... sorry to hear that FL is doing such risky things as sniffing mushrooms, but we shall intend that this passes and he is soon back for a full round of golf!

feresaknit said...

And yet another reason B will never let me near the local Tesco carpark! ;P

Scruffybadger said...

That is a really cool dress - very festive- look forward to seeing what you do with it & whether you knit a new shawl ...(feed my shawl envy!)
Sorry to hear life isn't all frivolous. I hope things work out - I think the way that you look at life must help - you certainly cheer me up & that's just through the bloggeronisphere. You must be far more potent in person!!

Susie Hemingway said...

I do LOVE this dress! I really fancy something like this for a dressy do but would need it to be much longer for a tall one like me ! then with a little shrug, perfect. TK Maxx is so good for bargains I must get along there again. Sorry to read FL is not so good - fingers crossed it's not too serious.