Thursday, December 16, 2010

Most Wanted pattern - found!

Hold onto your hats, girls and boys - I found this pattern!

It might not look like much to you, but I have had this vintage coat pattern on my Most Wanted list for, well forever!

It was designed by Betsey Johnson in the 1970s as part of the Butterick "Young Designer" series. I mentioned it back here. And by some fluke of wildcard spelling I found it at Etsy, where the seller only wanted £3.50 for it - score! It hasn't escaped my notice that it is too small, but with all those panels...? I know I can make it fit!

5 comments:

daisydonut said...

Wow it's fabulous. I can't wait to see it made up.

christinelaennec said...

I can just see that on you. I remember Betsy Johnson from when this pattern wasn't vintage! Hope you are cosy and warm in the snow.

feresaknit said...

I love fitted coats like that - just watch you don't take someone's eye out with that collar! :D

Twelfthknit said...

But you are just a slip-of-a-Pippi-Longstocking-thing ;0)

Minnado said...

What a great pattern - I like the contrast collar on the shorter coat. Which length are you going to make?