Friday, November 26, 2010

Snowed In


This is the view from my window at 10am this morning.

We tramped to the end of the farm track to survey the public road and it is clear I won't be going anywhere today! The only traffic is tractors and they are making huge ruts in the snow / ice, which then set hard, making the road impassable for ordinary cars.
Thank goodness for Broadband and the option to work from home!

And all that commuting time saved can be devoted to knitting!
This is the Norie hat from Shetland Trader Book One. Loving it!
Message for The Girl:
Snowed in - no diet pepsi or chocolate!

5 comments:

RooKnits said...

Oh man... that is a lot of snow. I could send chocolate, however I suspect the postie won't make it either. Damn.
Another splendid hat...

Where the nodding violets grow said...

I love this hat. I can't wait to see it finished. I bought the book but haven't knitted anything from it yet. I really like the colour too.

faeriecollege said...

Oh my. No, I wouldn't be going anywhere either in that weather. Have fun with your knitting!

feresaknit said...

Awwwww - I wanna be snowed in! Except I wanna be snowed in with knitting AND food! ;D

Sandy said...

The color is ezquisite! And living where there is no snow has its merits, but I love seeing the photos at this time of year... stay warm!