Monday, November 22, 2010

Splurgey Sewing Stashery

Thank you for all the birthday greetings!!!! It was amazing to see more and more comments appearing across the weekend :D

I was supposed to be buying 1 metre of grey lining for my Rockabilly Skirt.


So how come I ended up with 3 metres of pure wool jersey in a beautiful rich claret... and 2 metres of chocolatey babycord printed with silver roses and studded with occasional silvery sequins... and 2 metres of teal and taupe plaid for a shirt?


Mea culpa, mea culpa. Ah well, never mind, it was my birthday after all!


The wool? I am hoping I have enough to make a twin-set: a fitted undersweater with matching swooping cardigan. Pattern still to be identified.


The cord? Simplicity 3673, discovered via a link on Rhinestones and Telephones' blog


The plaid? A Japanese pattern with pin-tucks, in imitation of the Brora shirt I spotted. And further inspired by the work of this blogger.


All fabrics from Croft Mill.


I really really need to organise my fabric stash - it is stuffed into odd corners of the wardrobe, under the bed, into an old suitcase - in a total muddle!


And I must make more time to sew!

My daughter flies to London tomorrow to visit the school and make her final decision. If she likes what she sees, she won't come back til Christmas. I might have a whole lot of sewing time coming up soon! Oh my.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, lovely fabrics!! Lovely patterns, too. :)

christinelaennec said...

Gosh a big trip for the girl, and for you. I feel very comforted that you have all this lovely fabric to keep you steady through whatever comes next. Please keep us posted!

RooKnits said...

Oh my. Fingers crossed everything works out for her. I am jealous of the cord.

Cazz said...

Hugs. Hard decisions.