Friday, December 31, 2010

Knitting in 2011

You didn't think I could hatch just half of a plan did you? Yesterday's sewing stash reorganisation fired me up for a similar exercise on my yarn mountain.

It's not as bad as I feared, but there is nevertheless no need for me to buy any more wool for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, I allowed myself an end-of-year stock-up of sock yarn stalwarts: one ball each of cream, navy and black Online Supersocke for future two-colour socks.
I know I am not going to change my mind about knitting more socks from Stephanie van der Linden's "Socken aus aller welt" (now available in English!).

My other favourite sock book, "Knitted Socks East and West" will also be to the fore in 2011.
And I haven't forgotten my plan to sock-knit my way through the Woods Family Collection.

Other things:

Obviously, I am still obsessing over The Shetland Trader Book One. Shalder will be knit, out of the gorgeous hand-spun I bought on holiday in Applecross. And the shetland laceweight I bought on the same trip will be knit up into a Homin Shawl.

I still hope to try out a Japanese knitting pattern...!

And I would love to recreate a 1940's cardigan pattern using modern yarn.

That sounds like a year of knitting to me - at least!
And today?
I am going to crack on with Audrey-in-Unst... just as soon as the gingerbread comes out of the oven.
Happy New Year when it comes!

3 comments:

christinelaennec said...

You're a woman after my own heart with your lists, stash audits and future plans. I've carried out a similar end-of-year exercise and really I have enough wool (won't even go into the fabric stash) to keep me knitting for at least one year if not two! One of my New Year's goals is to practise being contented with what I have. (Except possibly during a trip to a friend's knitting shop!)
I bet your gingerbread is delicious. Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2011!

bagqueen said...

I do think about this list hing but it rarely gets further than my head!! At least then no-one but me is disappointed when I change my mind!! Happy New Year and thanks once again for the way you share your life with us. Wishing all the very best for you and the family in 2011

Paula said...

I just purchased the pattern for Shalder! I really want to knit it in that icy glacier color in the photos but think yours will be wonderful as well. I might skip the pockets (can you spell l.a.z.y.?)