Sunday, December 05, 2010

New Post


On Saturday morning, FL and I trogged out to the sorting office to collect a week's worth of mail.
I am quite certain that we didn't get it all, as I had made several Christmas-related orders before the snow came, and there was no sign of them... although I did collect my new wellies - hooray! (Yes, Mooncalf, I am a total copy cat!)
I was delighted to open my pristine print copy of The Shetland Trader book.
And my very-long-awaited Lula magazine!
I tried to subscribe for Issue 10 but left it too late and it had sold out. This is number 11. If you don't know, Lula is a heavyweight fashion-as-art magazine, which resells on eeebaaay for a stupid amount of money. But I don't intend to sell mine. I am going to set up home inside its pages for the rest of the winter. With my knitting. Call me shallow, if you like, but I can get lost in the photographs for hours at a time.
As I write, FL's mobile phone is clattering around inside the washing machine. There was a moth in the chocolate brownies, mice in two of the mouse traps, and we have only one more day's supply of logs for the fire. But life is good!

4 comments:

faeriecollege said...

You had me until "moth in the chocolate brownies". Oh dear.

feresaknit said...

I visited Lula and on

http://www.lulamag.com/scrapbook/?page=2

I saw a crocheted tree and then what looked like two rolls of naff wallpaper that turned out to be legs in tights! ;D

mooncalf said...

yay - sharing the wellie love!

I think you have far more need of them than I do (touch wood). We've had barely a sprinkling so far. Although it has been unbelievably cold...

christinelaennec said...

Just want you to know that the mention of FL's phone in the washing machine was somewhat of a comfort to my husband, whose own phone has gone from Misplaced to Missing to Officially Lost over the weekend.

I couldn't quite make heads or tails of what I was seeing on the Lula website, either - but it's interesting!