Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sewing in 2011

My relationship with lists and resolutions is well-documented: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. SIGH.

So without further ado, may I present my seasonal sewing brain-dump?

Today, instead of getting on with my sewing or knitting, I emptied all my fabric out onto the bed and listed it.
See that? I have enough material to keep me busy for a year... at least!

Top of the queue, with no excuse available:

Trousers in chocolate brown / lilac pinstriped cotton: pattern TICK, fabric TICK

Plaid pintucked Japanese pattern tunic: pattern TICK, fabric TICK

Pinstripe wool Rockabilly skirt: pattern TICK, fabric TICK

Eva Dress 1940's trousers: pattern TICK, fabric TICK

Pendrell blouse: pattern TICK, fabric TICK

In my peripheral vision:

Black cotton sateen wiggle dress / skirt: pattern ON WAY, fabric TICK

Brown babycord /silver sequins wiggle dress: pattern ON WAY, fabric TICK

Betsey Johnson 1970's coat: pattern TICK, fabric NOPE.... OK, so I might have to buy some!

The pattern that is on its way is truly fabulous - I hope I can make it work! I have also ordered a few lengths of grosgrain ribbon for waistband-reinforcements, to avoid that mid-project slump when I realise I don't have everything I need to hand: it's not as if I can "pop out to the shop" whenever I feel like it!

The more I think about it, the more I think a self-stitched lifestyle is the way for me to go. It is really rather exciting! Roll on 2011!

5 comments:

feresaknit said...

Can't wait to see the wiggle stuff! ;D

didyoumakethat said...

Yes, you will look fabulous in the wiggle dress - to go with your killer cheekbones! I can't make lists; I hate not doing everything I've vowed to do. You have a great set of projects lined up.

Kestrel said...

So impressed with your organisation of matching up patterns and fabric. I could do with doing something similar with my wool stash!

grannypurple said...

I DID do something like that with my yarn stash--the result was a small amount of culling, and a severe case of startitis--not to mention the realization that I am far into SABLE.

All the best for the coming year--are you going to call it "Self-Stitched Eleven"?

Scruffybadger said...

Now these lists, whilst being a good way to organise & plan are the equivalent of dangling a cherry - I can't wait to see all that you plan!!
You're a very good influence - it might be a good way for me to make plans for what I have already bought (perhaps!)