Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thaw-ts for the Weekend

We have the beginnings of a thaw, which ought to be a good thing, but it has turned the farm road into the Cresta Run - one slip, and you're off....

Irv: Oh, yeah, just one little drawback to this delightful winter sport. The high-speed crash. Ooh! That hurt. Always remember, your bones will not break in a bobsled. No, no, no. They shatter. (Cool Runnings)

Not to be recommended for a man with a super-fragile skeleton!

We also have water seeping down the house walls, between the exterior stone and the interior plaster, causing the electric sockets to trip the fuse box at regular intervals. The phone "hub" seems to be most at risk of blowing (5 times during breakfast), switching off the circuit that keeps the fridge running. Grrr.
My solution is to sit it out and avoid leaving the house this weekend, if only to monitor the trip-switch.

So... I will be aiming to finish my second Norie hat, in blue this time.
And I need to get back to sewing my neglected Rockabilly Skirt.

There is also the matter of FL's Christmas hat. I have another ball of Reggae Ombre. Should I try again?
Or shall I cut my losses and knit him some socks instead? I am sock-obsessed at the moment and yet have none on the needles.
Or just keep reading A Gathering Light? Another from the teen-list that I just can't put down!

2 comments:

feresaknit said...

Go for the hat again! - Fortunately I had a warning from Lorna about that post so I was able to sit on a waterproof chair! ;D

Sandy said...

My vote is for the hat... leaving enough room for spiky hair in case someone touches the wrong electrical socket...