Exhibit A: the remains of our downstairs socket wiring, after the mice had finished supper.
When the snow melted, the water from the eaves poured down the gap between the plaster and the stone of our 19th-century farmhouse, soaking the exposed wires and causing our electrics to "short".
Luckily, FL knew a friendly electrician, who was driving into the city when he got our call. He came straight over and after a lengthy investigation, made his diagnosis. Power is restored!
And the fridge needed defrosting anyway...