It is exactly a year since I made marmalade and we had just finished the last jar. So I took advantage of the bleak weather by having a preserving day!
This year it is ruby grapefruit with tangerine and whisky. My son offered to help, which was a surprise until I realised it was an opportunity to play with all the gadgets on the food processor and have an authorised rummage through FL's spirits cupboard. Hmmm. Might be time to draw up an Assets Register.
Three grapefruit, two tangerines, a kilo of preserving sugar and a generous slug of single malt made 8 jars. That should last another year!
I made a start on a new project I am calling Sprout. The yarn is from my Woolgirl sock club of two years ago and is delicious. More about that when there is something to show.
And I have reached the striped section of Andrea's Shawl. I found a mistake in the lace section which at least proves I was paying attention.
The 16 rows of leaves were DIFFICULT! I haven't said that about a pattern for a long time. Too many "p2 tog tbl"s for my liking! This is the first time I have knitted lace which has action on the knit AND purl rows. Not at all relaxing.