Monday, January 03, 2011

Audrey by Flash-light: The First Fitting

FL insisted that I blog my first fitting of Audrey-in-Unst.

The dpn-closure feature appears to amuse him - I can't think why!

I still have to knit the front bands and the neck and sew in some loose ends.

It is a very close fitting garment. Some might say "too tight" but I am reserving judgement until I get a bazillion buttons sewn into place.

The kids get back today and there is shopping to be done, Christmas decorations to put away, and a dog to be walked... but I have high hopes for a Finished Object tomorrow!

8 comments:

Kestrel said...

I think it looks great on you and the fit is just as it is supposed to be. Beautiful yarn too.

feresaknit said...

Yay for the back of Audrey I mean, yay for a soon to be finished object. I feel like we've all knitted it! ;D

Hey don't you get an extra bank holiday at New Year too? Double Yay!

christinelaennec said...

That's gorgeous! I quite like the dpn closure but you probably couldn't sit down. I recently made a snug-fitting cardigan and at first it was horribly gappy. So I basted the buttonband completely shut for a few weeks until it had relaxed a bit and was less snug. (I just wore it as a pullover, and no-one seemed to notice!) The end result has been a perfectly well-behaved cardigan. Although I'm sure your Audrey will be well-behaved right from the start.

Roobeedoo said...

Good tip Christine - I might try that!

Clare said...

Love the closure! I think the fit looks great - it's supposed to be close-fitting (at least I think it looks better that way rather than with tons of positive ease). The buttonband adds about a centimetre anyway, and blocking might just add some more!

mooncalf said...

Looks good to me.

I was just thinking about Audrey in Unst this morning. I've been trying to knit thorough all my WIPS and totally forgot that I have a few inches of Audrey twisted ribbing on some needles somewhere... I may need to excavate her...

Especially once I've seen your finished version!

RooKnits said...

Absolutely stunning - a perfect addition to your wonderful self stitched wardrobe. I admire your ability to make an adult sized garment from 4ply - I would love to, but just don't have the patience. Maybe one day....

Scruffybadger said...

Beautiful! I have so got to learn to knit!