Saturday, January 15, 2011

New glasses: reader poll!



I thought I had found my ideal "vintage" glasses.


They are not a cat's eye but slightly more rounded, and in repose they have a deeper frame than a 1950's style: the seller described them as "40's" style. The frame is a green "tortoise-shell".

Oh lovely, Roo - take a photo by the washing!


But my daughter says I look like Harry Potter.



And FL says "This is a joke isn't it? I mean - you're not going to wear them are you?"

So, dear readers, I am throwing it over to you : there's a poll over there in the side-bar, and you have a week to vote anonymously. I won't be offended if you all side with FL and my daughter!
I haven't had my own lenses put in yet, so I can easily re-sell them on eeebaaay if it comes to it.
And if you are all laughing at me (like FL!) at least I have brought a little fun to your day!

9 comments:

opakowana said...

Your face is faaar too fine for these heavy frames, cook/funky - yes, for you ? no....sorreeeee, but why not try more cats eye glasses like:
http://www.vintageous.com/eyewear/eyewear.html
and
http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=cats+eye+glasses&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=npQxTYPGMOSAhAeSs_HDCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=6&ved=0CFQQsAQwBQ&biw=1014&bih=490
or EVEN the green ones on wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_eye_glasses.

I read the bog, attempted to post comments several times and am obviously jinxed in that department, we'll see if THIS shows....hmmmmm :)

Cathy said...

I am afraid I have also voted against the glasses- you have such beautifully delicate features- the glasses are too thick/dark in comparison

Sarah said...

I LOVE them!! I think they're cool and they Harry Potter vibe just adds to the coolness.

christinelaennec said...

I have to say that I agree with Cathy, I think your features are too fine for these heavy glasses. But I very much admire your courage for posting about them and asking people to vote!

Suvi said...

I really like your blog, but not those frames :).

Kate said...

I also think that you are in all ways too fine for those frames.

tea and cake said...

I love that last picture of you - but, again, I voted 'No!' for the specs.

Sandy said...

The shape is good for your face, but the frames are too thick, IMHO, so if you could find a similar shape with a more delicate material, I think you might have a winner.

feresaknit said...

My comments:

They look nice on that first pic.

I have some pink and pink stripe socks too.

And let's check - yes, you did say it was anonymous! ;D