Saturday, January 29, 2011

This weekend...

This weekend... I am NOT in Newquay for the Knit Love Club retreat. Which is rather a pity because the teachers are Anne-Knitspot-Hanson and Cookie-the-sock-A. Sigh.

And I am NOT in York for the Sheddite Gathering either. Which is rather a pity because there are some very fine ladies and a couple of cute babies destined to be there. Another sigh.
But the inescapable truth is: you don't get to go places and do things unless you commit to doing so in advance, and, well, plan it! But I expected to be knee-deep in snow this weekend. And I expected that FL would be deeply immersed in a new drug regime by now... or just too ill to be left home alone.
But there is no need to feel sorry for me, because I AM at home with my January socks and a big pile of 1970's sewing patterns (13 patterns for £1.70 on eeebaaay!).
I AM (still!) reading "American Wife" and I might bake some gingerbread.
And I DID go to see Black Swan with The Girl today, which was... very dark. I can see why it is a "15". Yeah, I know, The Girl is only 14, and in retrospect... but hey, at least I saw it with her and could talk through the "issues" afterwards.

These are my favourites from the pile of patterns - dig those groovy skirts and flares!
I will definitely be making some of these!
You see? It can be fun to be a stay-at-home!

7 comments:

Scruffybadger said...

I am deeply envious! I am sitting at my laptop forcing myself to do some boring project for a management qualification, yet behind me there lurks some vintage patterns that yearn for me (or more accurately *I* yearn for them, to do what you are doing - studying them, checking out the contents, the instructions, imagining the possibilities). Afterall, while most things are better than this, sewing's where my heart is!

Kestrel said...

What a bargain for your patterns! I like the look of those skirts, and if fashion magazines are to be believe, the 70s are definitely back in fashion.

feresaknit said...

I thought about going with a friend to see Black Swan, but it's the friend who had the mini stroke and when I saw the trailer I decided against it in case it gave her another one! :D

Sandy said...

Those 'ladies' from the Knit Love Club sound more like ruffians from the Mafia with those names.... probably good you stayed home and didn't get all wound up in some nefarious yarn.... hahaha

Minnado said...

What a great ebay bargain. Jealous, jealous, jealous...

faeriecollege said...

I talked one of my guy friends into going to see Black Swan with me, and we were both kind of disappointed with it. The performances were great and all, but none of it was surprising.

Also, you have the BEST ebay luck.

Roobeedoo said...

Sandy - I love the idea of a knit-mafia!
And I promise to make something from my vintage pattern stash very soon!