Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Sock, a Hedgehog and an Octopus


On a day when everything outside was
dank and sludge-coloured, The Girl and I settled down to some dangerous sports: my juddering sewing machine on one side of the table, and her acrylic paints on the other.
Both the painting and the silk voile slip survived. We had a lovely afternoon. She even let me borrow her Crazy Band hedgehog. Have you seen these things?
Your challenge is to find the octopus!
The sewing is going well, although I am somewhat in awe of the delicate fabric. I have a feeling this is more of a nightdress than an underskirt, we'll see. Every seam has to be stitched and folded and finished with a tiny zig zag. I feel as if I should be sewing it by hand.
And as promised - the first February sock!
The pattern is Flaming Desire by Anne Hanson (Knitspot). The yarn is Hazel Knit Artisan sock in Hi Octang.
The colour, the stitch pattern, the overall definition of those "flames"? I love it!

8 comments:

Kestrel said...

The sock is gorgeous and the colour perfectly complements the design. Look forward to seeing your Cinnamon slip too.

Lizzi said...

Nice sock - good luck with number 2!

faeriecollege said...

I'm never going to like orange, but I'll concede that it works REALLY well in these socks :D They're gorgeous!

christinelaennec said...

That sock is a work of (orange) art! Please tell me that someone else took photo no. 3?! Or have you actually turned into a ballerina since starting your shrug?

Scruffybadger said...

O! Christine has said what I was planning to write, so I'll go ahead & say it anyway. They are a work of art- I am in awe!

mooncalf said...

Oooh orange.

You know, you posted that orange was the big new colour. And I ignored you. To my peril.

Two weeks later and I'm seeing rust and terracotte and ginger everywhere I look and I'm all about the orange.

Yuo are wise. And I should heed your wise words!

Roobeedoo said...

Hee hee hee - perhaps the orange has turned me into a super-flexible yoga guru?!
Or more likely: I set the camera up on a self-timer and stood on the window sill!

christinelaennec said...

Ah - standing on the windowsill! As you do...