Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't Look Now

Don't go any further if you want to avoid seeing my Sock Hop Club yarn!
I had an early start on Saturday, to keep an eye on FL as he climbed onto the roof to duct-tape the broken skylight before the snow came. Mission accomplished!
It was made rather stressful by the dog continually running out of the back door and then forgetting he could get back in the same way and battering open the front door with his paws. So that's how the old door got broken...
I set up the slow cooker for Chicken Dhansak (from Slow Cooking Curry & Spice Dishes) then it was off to the sorting office to collect my Sock Hop Club package - a combination of "boo hoo and woo hoo!" as I had to pay a big customs charge for the privilege of receiving wool from America. But it is gorgeous!
The colour is "House of the Rising Sun", a mix of magenta and tangerine. So soft! So pretty! So... expensive! I must find a project to make the most of it.
I have been sewing. There were a gazillion tailor-tacks to prepare for my South Riding blouse. The fabric is beautifully soft. Lots of details to check in the pattern, with varying seam allowances and no hem allowance at all. I traced my own copy so that I could add notes as I went along.

FL spent Saturday sleeping and watching football / rugby on tv with the sound off. I assume this was his post-dexy crash. He is complaining about a sore tongue, which sent me to google. Don't try this at home, kids. It makes eating and talking difficult. He says he feels "rotten".
I watched The Edge of Love while I knitted Betty Jean. 1940's cardigans galore - woo hoo!

It is Sunday now, and I have just received an email from CroftMill to tell me they have lots of new fabrics on sale. I clicked the link. OMG. I am about to spend my children's inheritance on material. Sorry, kids!
Hope you are having a good weekend ; )

6 comments:

Sarah said...

"I am about to spend my children's inheritance on material."

LOL! Best line ever! Only a fabric junkie would completely appreciate :)

christinelaennec said...

Your new yarn looks fabulous. I can't wait to see what you do with it! Worth every penny, as the fabric you've probably bought by now will be. Really sorry FL is feeling rotten. He isn't a complainer, so that must be worrying for you. We have an absolute rule in our household about never, ever Googling any symptom. The risks of terrifying yourself to death are very high.
Keep knitting and sewing - I see orange / marmalade is still prevalent!

Lizzi said...

The yarn is fabby - wonderful colours. You must be itching to start something.

feresaknit said...

You're almost making me want a slow cooker - but then again I also want a juicer and there's only space in the garage loft for one of them! ;D

Lovely yarn by the way.

jessica said...

Oooh, that yarn is making me drool. So is the fabric and the blouse progress. My "want" meter is going through the roof!

Here's hoping FL feels better soon. These low moments are always so tough, but with any luck it will pass on for a stretch of better days to come.

Roobeedoo said...

Hooray for orange! Anyone would think I had picked this yarn out for myself!
And yes, I did indulge in some fabric shopping. That's this year's sewing queue firmly mapped out, I reckon.