Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shoe Stalking

I showed you an amazing pair of shoes recently - do you remember?

They are by Deena and Ozzy from Urban Outfitters and I think they will be fabulous with skirts or trousers.


Kind of 1970's?

But I was prevaricating. As usual.





Until I spotted them in the Guardian's Weekend magazine.

I checked with a magnifying glass - yes, definitely the same ones!


Scarily high in the back view.

Note how the model remains on the path and does not go onto the grass.

Note the immediate toning effect on her calves!

So one pair of shoes promises: elegance, fashion credentials, a hint of the 1970's, instant youth and exercise!
And they are tan which means they will go with everything (except my pasty legs, but that's what tights are for!)
So I bought them. Gulp.

They had their first day out at work yesterday. I carried a pair of flatties in my bag just in case.
Just as well, as I had to do the Great Cobble Dash mid-morning. Which is like pebble-dash but with larger bruises if you fall.
I love them! They are completely insane, of course, but sometimes these things just have to be done.
Here is my Me-Made March outfit for the day. My Vivienne skirt, 50's twin-set and me-made knickers. It's not quite right - I think the skirt is too long and lacks definition at the waist. Maybe I just need to take it in a bit and it will magically rise by a couple of inches. Or wear a big belt?
Anyway, I reckon the shoes transform this outfit from "eccentric frump" to just plain "eccentric". Which I can live with.
I am really looking forward to making some swooping flared trousers with long enough legs to cover the wedge. Not that I am trying to hide my shoes, you understand!

6 comments:

didyoumakethat said...

Great shoes. I love your outfit - can't see anything wrong with it. How funny that we both blog about shoes on the same day!

christinelaennec said...

I love your outfit and (being a committed frump myself) like the length of your skirt! The subtle check is beautiful. I could no more wear shoes like that than fly, but they look great on you.

faeriecollege said...

They're super! You make me want a pair.

Also love your outfit. The colours work really well.

Scruffybadger said...

First of all, please can I say what great photos - not only the one of you (of course!) but using a magnifying glass - quelle style! I adore the outfit you are posing in, & of course the bravery for wearing such statement shoes. It is a great look altogether. I can only admire & be inspired !

Roisin Muldoon said...

LOVE LOVE THEM. Roo, they suit you so well!!

Roobeedoo said...

Hee hee hee! Thank you ladies!
The magnifying glass was a genuine attempt to make the pictures big enough for you to see - and really confused the autofocus on my camera!