Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tweaking Betty Jean

The original pattern for Betty Jean McNeil uses just two colours. And I like that subtlety. After all, my original inspiration to knit this was a two-coloured cardigan from Brora.
Ah, but that would be too easy, wouldn't it? Following the pattern as written? Pshaw!
So with the body knitted up to the stranded section, I got out my 21st century colouring book and tweaked the chart to add a third colour. So now I have three colours to carry across every row: excellent!
I'm off to read up on colourwork and steeking...

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

There is a Danish saying about some persons' inclination to jump over the fence on its highest spot:-)

christinelaennec said...

I'm quite happy to gaily slice through my knitting (when steeking only), but - three colours at once?! I know you will create something that is stunningly beautiful.

faeriecollege said...

The Dutch have a similar saying to the Danish ;)

I'm sure it'll be lovely!

jessica said...

Gorgeous! Who says a challenge isn't worth taking on if you don't go whole hog for it? (So says a fellow masochist) But the FO will be sooooooo worthwhile ...