Friday, April 08, 2011

End of Week Catch-Up

The Dreadlocked Boy has been and gone, complete with Radioactive Pink-haired girlfriend. No pictures permitted, but I have to just say they look amazing together ;) And how sweet that he took her to the treehouse to look at the stars in the dark of night! Aw bless!



The Girl flies to London today, and grandma goes home tomorrow. It will be very quiet here!


FL has been working hard on staying awake during the day, but has developed a lumpy rash all over his face, neck and scalp. He still has a terrible cough. Off to the GP this afternoon.


And yesterday he forgot to stop the car to let the dog in at the end of the road. He rang me an hour later, when he remembered. I drove out to search for the dog, and while I was looking, a woman rang the house to say she had found him. He had gone about 5 miles over the fields, cross country. We had a rendezvous at the Village Hall, where she drew up in a very fancy 4x4 with a special doggy seatbelt installed in the back. Hero was most reluctant to come home - I think he was enjoying the view and comfy seat too much!


I knitted a hat - you saw that. And I have started my April socks. They are the 2LuvCrew pattern from the Knit Love Club of 2010. For The Girl.


I have also cut out my 1940's Eva Dress trousers (pattern 3322), ready to sew this weekend. That's them in the top picture - see how close I was to not having enough material?! They really are extremely wide!


And I had a lovely surprise in the post.


I sent my Pendrell pattern to Ms Scruffy Badger, because I knew she would make better use of it than me.


In return, she sent me this fab vintage pattern and some lovely purple drapey fabric - how kind! Totally not necessary, but very much appreciated - woo hoo!


I have a plan...

7 comments:

didyoumakethat said...

That pattern looks fab!

faeriecollege said...

What yarn are those socks? The colour is calling me!

Roobeedoo said...

Faeriecollege: that is Lorna's Laces in a sock club colour called "Grue and Bleen", but there are similar shades in their normal range I am sure!

Steph said...

I'm looking forward to your new trousers, and the top will be lovely with it.

I'm picturing dreadlocks and pink, too bad they wouldn't let you take a picture! They're adorable in my head.

daisydonut said...

It sounds as if you've had a lovely family week.

I'm intrigued to see how the pattern swap blouses turn out, and what your plan is for that beautiful fabric Scruffy Badger sent. Does it go with your Eva trousers fabric?

christinelaennec said...

Goodness me, you have been busy! All your projects look extremely promising. I hope Hero has stayed nearer home, that FL is feeling better, and that Pink isn't actually radioactive. Here in Oregon we are taking kelp (iodine) tablets just in case the milk is [radioactive], from what's been happening in Japan. Don't ask me to explain the science, I can't!

Roobeedoo said...

Daisy - the fabric from Scruffy is almost navy but it is nearer purple. I will just have to make it up and then see if it goes with the trousers.

Christine - re kelp - is this government advice or your own Risk Assessment? Does the wind / water blow /flow in that direction?