Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Good Enough to Eat?

We took grandma to The Wool Shed and the adjacent Touched by Scotland craft gallery and restaurant for lunch.

She was very much impressed by the wool and tried Cullen Skink for the first time.

This is Peat AlbaYarn, not Cullen Skink.

I asked the shop assistant about the rumours that AlbaYarn might not be available for long because JC Rennie is in administration. My oh my, she did not like that comment! I was informed that there were several people interested in buying the company and that the Wool Shed has no shortage of the yarn in stock.

Got that?

Panic over.

But I had to buy 5 balls of Peat, because, you know, it was there.

I thought you might like to see the full range of colours. ; )

Enjoy!

7 comments:

christinelaennec said...

The Albayarn does look good enough to eat! Glad to see you're still getting some sun, and I hope you are enjoying your visitors.

CCK said...

This made me homesick....give Barbara a friendly hello next time and you had lunch at Gadies......aahhhhh..And I'm so glad that Alba lives!!

Lorna said...

Those colours are simply wonderful. If I had been in the shop I probably would have bought a bit of each..... Too much choice.

Sandy said...

Wool addicts - you know who you are - it is time to get up from the computer and stop drooling on the keys as you look at the multi-colored skeins... take a walk right now and do some deep breathing exercises, too.

Perhaps some chocolate would help?

Where the nodding violets grow said...

Oh my goodness, the yarns are gorgeous. I must get me some more, just in case. How do you resist? I am going to spend the afternoon looking at the shop then looking at your photo trying to decided which colour is which.

Cecelia said...

The yarn is droolworthy. And the Cullen Skink sounds pretty yummy too :)

Roobeedoo said...

I am feeling slightly sheepish that I may have annoyed a friend of one of my readers by quizzing her about the JC Rennie debacle... blush (in italics if I knew how!)
But I am glad to have been able to be able to share my love of AlbaYarn in full colour through this post, nevertheless!