Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On The Go



Thanks to all you lovely people for words of empathy or spirit-bolstering re the whole Revlimid scenario. :)


FL would like you to know that he cooked the dinner tonight for the first time in... ooh... some considerable length of time and while we all know he was powered by Dexies, it didn't stop it being entirely edible and released me from kitchen duties to weed the garden instead - woo with a side salad of hoo!

Actually it was Stovies.


With added greens for The Girl and me!

I have been sewing this week and have something to show you... but you will have to wait for the fog to lift before I can take a photo or two.

And I have great hopes for more sewing this weekend, despite the delivery of 30 tiny plug plants which require further weed excavations before they can be stuck in the ground.

My new trousers are heading to work tomorrow, for the first time. Yay!

I forgot to update you on the progress of my week with a Food Diary and heart rate monitor. I successfully recorded everything I ate, drank and felt, despite some strong inclinations towards rebellion at the weekend when I just couldn't face weighing yet another cup of tea!

I accidentally lost 0.3kg in the week despite an impressive collection of chocolate wrappers in my "labels" bag - oops! I will receive a feedback report in a few weeks. It should be quite amusing! My daughter's prediction is that I am a control freak who lives on adrenalin and Cadbury's Flake bars and that I ought to eat more real food. But it will be interesting to get an objective opinion!

7 comments:

ashley0107 said...

I can't wait to see the finished blouses! :)
Ashley x

CCK said...

I love your daughter's comments...miss having mine in the house to keep me 'sane'!Lucky you!

Cathy said...

Weighing cups of tea???
Hmm I can relate to your daughter's comment that you live on adrenalin and flakes- my last NHS days were fuelled purely by chocolate and caffeine! But arent sugar,fat and caffeine the 3 main food groups?
Look after yourself Mrs woman!!

christinelaennec said...

I hope your new trews make you happy all day long. These fabrics and patterns look very promising - I really like the light blue one. And hooray for FL making stovies!

Lorna said...

Now that is just the sort of thing that makes me mad, you eat chocolate AND lose 0.3kg! Humph, I'm going off to sulk now. ;-)

didyoumakethat said...

Your daughters assessment made me laugh! Good luck with your sewing and plant plugs.

Lizzi said...

I'm with Lorna........:-)