Friday, April 15, 2011

Rockalily Roo

This is a vanity post. I had better say that up front, in case you were expecting intelligent conversation ;)



Thursday was a manic day at work, with lots of "4 out of 5"-scale stress on my research project chart (and no lunch til 2pm - tsk!). But I knew it would be and I was prepared: I wore my best armour!



I wanted to show you how the Sencha blouse looks with a high waist: my Cold War skirt. Can I just say: problem solved?! The cinching at the middle is exactly what is needed to control the puffiness of the blouse. The elasticated belt of my activity monitor accentuated this further, but I took it off for this picture.


And the point of this is? I am going to make another Sencha, sooner rather than later, because I felt fabulous in this outfit!


And while we are on the subject of vanity, you might as well see my new lipstick!

This is Rockette Red by Rockalily.

And while my mini-quiff may have been a mistake, with rather too much forehead on display, I have to say I love the colour of this lipstick!


Note also my reddish hair streak - it was purple only 2 weeks ago - pah!


Please ignore background clothing heaps and crumpled bed!


Continuing the show-and-tell... please meet my new shoes!


I needed some smart flat shoes to wear with my new Eva Dress pattern trousers (of which more at the weekend!) and I became obsessed by the idea of two-tone brogues.


These are "handcrafted by Alfred Sargent", with leather soles, Goodyear welts and impeccable credentials. If you look at that web link you will probably need resuscitation when you see the prices. But I got these in a clearance sale on eeebaaay for a mere £40. Seriously!


FL reckons they look like golf shoes and laughed for some time, especially when he noticed I was wearing argyll-patterned socks. He offered me his tweed plus-fours. I respectfully declined.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, you're right you look fabulous in that outfit.

mooncalf said...

Yay! Go you!!!!

didyoumakethat said...

I LOVE the lipstick, the glasses and the shoes. And finally, a way to wear the Sencha and make it look great. You definitely should make another one immediately.

christinelaennec said...

Roobeedoo looks fabbydoo! Beautiful clothes, beautiful shoes - and good news that FL is improving. I'm really hoping he'll be able to go to his appointment. Enjoy your weekend!

Debi, Ben and Tara said...

Love your sencha, love the shoes, love the lipstick! major score!! Can't wait to see another Sencha!! Hope FL can go to his appointment--that does not sound fun!

Scruffybadger said...

Oh yes! That works SO well. More shoe envy, that I will not try to engage with (they are very special!); lipstick is the perfect red - yum. And then Sencha - yes I agree with you about tucking it in & high waists (Beignet is also a nice pairing). Get cutting!!

ReeRee Rockette said...

Aw I'm so pleased you're happy with the lipstick! You look awesome!

From ReeRee Rockette (Rockalily Lipsticks)

Roobeedoo said...

Hee hee - so glad to sweep you all along with my enthusiasm for red lipstick!
:D

feresaknit said...

I'm embarrassed at thinking my TK Maxx find of £70ish trousers for £19.99 was a bargain after looking at those shoes. ;D