Sunday, May 22, 2011

Attack of the Killer Lampshade

This picture pretty much sums up Saturday.

I made peace with Betty Jean, cast on 58 stitches instead of 50, and started up the first sleeve.

And made blueberry spelt muffins.

And watched 500 Days of Summer with The Girl.

And I ogled my new embroidery book. Someone has dribbled cough syrup over the front cover but I am in a place of deep serentity: ommmmmmmmm............

This morning I found the ugliest toad in the world in my herb garden.


FL has gone to golf despite feeling "incredibly weak" yesterday. He is actually quite upbeat.


We are both in awe at the kindness of strangers on the other side of the planet who have taken the time to send us information about the latest in Myeloma drugs /research. Thank you! I have followed up some links and will certainly have plenty of questions to ask the doctor in June. I was caught offguard last week: that won't happen again!


In dog news, Hero has not yet realised what has been done to him. Yesterday, he took off after the puppies, right through a nettle patch, with me in hot pursuit. It was the Attack of The Killer Lampshade.... not. Ever get the feeling you have left something too late?


Today? Today I am thinking of embroidering a couple of pillowcases. Our bedlinen has begun to resemble the Turin Shroud and needs to be replaced.


One day at a time, people, one day at a time.


: )

12 comments:

ashley0107 said...

Aww, poor doggy!! Those lampshades always make me giggle, but then I feel bad for the poor dog/cat.
Do you know, I always forget how much I enjoy embroidery until I see someone mention it. I'll have to start one up soon.
Ashley x

Debi said...

Wow! That is the BIGGEST TOAD EVER! Glad your FL is feeling upbeat! I am sure golfing will help--doing what you love always helps!

bagqueen said...

Hi thanks for hi-lighting muffin recipe, every time you mention them I think I want to make those and this time Ihave saved the recipe and will shop for ingredients. I've been catching up on news about FL's health, it must be so hard getting visits like last to Dr but I'm glad he's up to playing golf. xxx

Kestrel said...

Ugh, that toad is a monster! Did you leave him be or shoo him out of the way?

Scruffybadger said...

That's sounding like a weekend that's good for the soul ...poor Hero! I always wonder what they actually think about having to lug a plastic cone around....& then it disappears...

Lizzi said...

That is one ugly toad........

Sandy said...

I toad you things would have an upturn... as for Hero, it takes about 30 days for the hormones to dissipate and then he will stop reacting so spontaneously - I hope.

And it was encouraging that FL wanted to at least have a go at golf...

Steph said...

The shroud of turin remark made me giggle. Can I have a piece for carbon dating? What, you have to ask the pope?

Pat said...

It's probably going to take a couple of weeks for Hero's hormones to settle down. The urge should wear off soon. I hope so anyway :) You really do have enough on your plate at the moment.

faeriecollege said...

Thanks for linking the spelt muffin recipe. They're super tasty :D

christinelaennec said...

Glad you had a good weekend. As usual your post made me laugh - not sure if it was the huge toad, poor Hero or the Turin Shroud, soon to be replaced by an embroidered version... Is it a bit comforting that Hero doesn't quite understand? He might once he gets that lampshade off and can reach the parts that, etc.

Roobeedoo said...

Ah ha! Dissipating hormones? This is the kind of news I wanted to hear! Thank you for that!
The toad is still in the garden somewhere. My mother said I should hit him over the head with a spade. I'm not that sort of gardener!