Thursday, May 19, 2011

Countdown to Me Made June



It has not escaped my notice that we are halfway through May and I need to get my ship in order for Me Made June.






If I was willing to wear the same pair of trousers every day for a month, there would be no issue. My Eva Dress pattern 40's trousers are a big success: comfortable, stylish and they "go" with almost all of my me-made tops.




So I need to make another pair. I bought some light khaki / caramel chino-type fabric from Croft Mill, to make a more summery version.





In the same spree I bought a length of gorgeous orange and white striped cotton for another 1940's blouse, and some blue herringbone-weave linen for a Portfolio tunic.




If I could make those three garments before the start of June, I would be delighted! But there's no harm in continuing work once the month is underway...


I might rustle up some more undies. I actually bought a pattern for simple camisoles and underpants a while back but haven't tried it out yet - there's no better time than Me-Made-June!




I also need to buy some summer-weight tights if I am going to wear skirts or dresses. And paint my toenails, in case I want to wear my sandals.




In knitting news, I have decided to devote June to Betty Jean. Surely I can get her finished in another month of persistence?



Who remembers my plan to make a pair of socks every month this year? It's just not happening. March was abandoned in favour of Betty Jean. April was a pattern-choice-failure. We are halfway through May and I haven't even given socks any serious thought.




Ah well. I can't do everything!

4 comments:

ashley0107 said...

Ooh, lovely fabric! I'd like to knit more socks, but there are new things to knit instead of another pair of socks! :)
Ashley x

Kestrel said...

I love those brown buttons, they'll look great on trousers. I think that blouse will be beautiful too.

Lucette said...

I have been smitten by all thing orange of late, and really like your orange stipe fabric. Lovely combination with the blue.

feresaknit said...

Gee Roo come on extract your digit! ;D