Sunday, May 15, 2011

FO: Lisette Portfolio Blouse, Simplicity 2245

Lisette Portfolio strikes again!




I wasn't kidding when I said I really enjoyed sewing my Lisette dress and would come back to the Portfolio pattern.




This time I went for View C, which has a different side panel piece, without pockets.



I wanted a "goes with everything" top and I think this is it! It is simple, but has interesting details.



Who needs mass-produced t-shirts when you can have airy cotton tops in the fabric of your choice?



I started sewing on Thursday evening and finished on Saturday afternoon, but it could easily be done in a day.



Stats:




Pattern: Lisette Portfolio, Simplicity 2245, view C, lengthened by 1 1/4 inches. I made size 8.




Fabric: 1.2m White dobby dot cotton lawn from Croft Mill, £6 per metre (sold out, sorry!)



Buttons: Vintage metal painted cream, found in granny's button box.


While sewing, I realised that the seams were going to show through this semi-transparent fabric, so I took extra care to trim and finish them neatly on the inside.


I am glad I made it longer, as it gives me the option of tucking it in.



Verdict?



Another Lisette success!

The button choice was unexpected. I had no white buttons in my box and The Girl suggested cream. I picked these out as a joke, but she took me seriously, and I think they contribute a certain secret-garden-gate texture to the garment.




Listen, I know what I mean, even if you don't!



Although a casual style, I can imagine wearing this to work under a little cardigan.



But I think it would really come into its own as part of a holiday wardrobe, if I was going somewhere hot. I'm not... but nevertheless it will be in my suitcase when we head for the West Highlands later this year.



So - am I over my Portfolio addiction yet? Nope! I have bought some blue herringbone linen from Croft Mill to make the tunic version.



And I am seriously considering making the capri pants, though I will be doing some careful measurements first!

18 comments:

feresaknit said...

Ohhh, see now I'm really tempted to try one of these. I was tempted with the dress but the top with the longer sleeves it would cover my PICC line plumbing and I could may be elasticate the hems and I have this material with horses on that I couldn't image using for clothing but now I can... ;D

ashley0107 said...

What a cute top! It looks really summery :)
Ashley x

didyoumakethat said...

Oh wow, that looks gorgeous. I must, must, MUST get round to making this for myself soon. I don't know why but a black light linen is calling to me. I know it doesn't make the most of the design features, but... I love it in white.

jenibrown said...

It's really lovely - and I like the buttons too!

daisydonut said...

It's gorgeous and really suits you, and the buttons are a lovely touch.

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

Ooohh!! That's gorgeous, and I love the buttons. I'm rather envious of your sewing skills, you seem to whip things up in no time!! :)

Jane said...

Gorgeous! Much nicer and more stylish than a T-shirt. You've convinced me nonw, I've just ordered a Lisette pattern of my very own! x

RooKnits said...

It's fabulous... now I want one.

Ali said...

I also have Lisette fever -- and yours have turned out so well. The instructions and the final product make me are so easy it feels like cheating. ;) Looking forward to more.

I bet you'll get tons of usage out of this this summer!

Gabrielle said...

This looks absolutely fabulous on you. What a fantastic result! Gx

christinelaennec said...

(I thought I'd left a comment before, but maybe it got lost?) This is such a beautiful blouse, and it looks like a great pleasure to wear. Well done once again!

Debi said...

This blouse is FANTASTIC! I love the fabric!!!

Scruffybadger said...

At last I'm able to comment after returning to ogle a few times! It's beautiful- you've really showcased the pattern with the choice of fabric & those cute buttons. I'm trying not to be tempted by you (again!).

Cathy said...

The blouse/top is a triumph, the lipstick is completely gorgeous, the garden gate texture...ermm sorry you have lost me there, but I dont doubt you are right!lol

Marci Girl said...

Oh it is beautiful and I love the buttons, nice touch!

Nadine Urquhart said...

I'm in the middle of making the tunic version of this. I went for bold and contrasting colours, but you've inspired me to make it again in white. Your top is so fresh and cute. Great job.

Nadine Urquhart said...

I've given your post about 2245 a mention in my blog. I hope that's OK with you.

N

Nadine Urquhart said...

I've name checked you again... And finally got round to making a white cotton version like yours! Thanks for the inspiration. http://nadineurquhart.blogspot.com/2012/04/holiday-wardrobe-challenge-2-refashion.html