Sunday, June 26, 2011

FO: Lisette Portfolio in denim: peace always

It has been a long weekend of technological denials and upgrades.

The good part was a Saturday devoted to sewing. I finished my Lisette Portfolio dress in denim... and I love it!


It is the ultimate in comfort-dressing. I can wear it over tights or jeans or leggings, or even go bare-legged in the unlikely event that I find myself on a warm beach!


And the best thing? The pockets! Look at my pockets!

I lined them in Michael Miller fabric which is printed like an old school jotter, covered in red graffiti of hearts and flowers and: "Peace always" Yeah, man. Cool.

Stats:

Lisette Portfolio dress, Simplicity 2245
Size 8
1.7 metres of soft stretchy denim from my local fabric shop, Butterfly Fabrics in Inverurie
2 red buttons at the back of the neck
Red topstitching
Fat quarter of Michael Miller fabric, found on eeebaaay, for pocket linings and the back loops.

That's it: I have a uniform dress!

10 comments:

Dibs said...

the pockets maketh this dress Roo. lol....its really nice. Now that is a nice idea, to buy fat quarters and use them as pocket linings. very interesting idea that i just might nick.

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

That's fantastic, and the lining is beautiful.

Sarah said...

Roobeedoo: You are amazing. I love it! The dress really does look comfy and like it would adapt to either leggings, or bare legs. Most of all, I like the pockets!

Sarah said...

Roobeedoo: You are amazing. I love it! The dress really does look comfy and like it would adapt to either leggings, or bare legs. Most of all, I like the pockets!

christinelaennec said...

What a great tunic, and those pockets are wonderful indeed. So glad you got yourself sorted out, technologically.

daisydonut said...

Good to have you back full-tech and in pictures, although I loved your low-tech pics - you are so ingenious to have thought of keeping us updated with sketches:-)

Your first picture is so beautiful - I want to step into it and share the moment with you.

Like Dibs, I'm going to steal your fat quarter idea for pocket linings - your peace linings are so cool.

didyoumakethat said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love those pockets and the sentiment. It's so YOU. I want to make one in solid black linen.

feresaknit said...

I just love little touches on garments along the lines of your pocket lining, when a little touch just surprises you - well not you obviously since you did it! ;D

Minnado said...

Love the denim portfolio. Looks fab on you and so versatile.

Roobeedoo said...

Thanks everyone!