Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MMJ Day 14: From The Driving Seat



Would you believe it was 25 degrees in Aberdeen when FL and I got out of the hospital at 1pm? Of course, by 2pm it was about 15 as usual... but we had our moment in the sun!



Today I wore:

Va va voom top, from 1950's pattern, blogged here.

Eva Dress 1940's trousers, blogged here.

Two-tone shoes, as before.

Besame lipstick :)



This top is for confident days. I wear it when I am planning to save the world.


Hospital visits have this effect on me!


There is no possibility of appearing shy and retiring when you are wearing figure-hugging polka dots and a peekaboo neckline.


Its only functional issue is that the back-buttons are domed and it is therefore: deeply uncomfortable to lean back in my chair, driving is a pain and I have to sit up straight at my desk - not such a bad thing!

13 comments:

Jane said...

Absolutely gorgeous outfit. I'm now on the hunt for your top pattern! x

Cathy said...

I think I would make myself more clothes if I looked as fabulous as you do in them!

Dibs said...

the top is lovely. Jane good luck with the pattern search.

I am still looking forward to the day when i will have a trouser that fits me like yours does you.

I was in Aberdeen last year, and it was really sunny. Sometime in February.

Kestrel said...

The top in particular is lovely - I love the shape and fabric you've used.

Roobeedoo said...

Hey Jane - you can borrow the pattern if you like! I have emailed you.

Roobeedoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lysy said...

You look lovely! I love the top and those trousers always make me envious :)

Minnado said...

That outfit is soooo good. I can see why it a confidence boosting outfit. Thank you for your comment. By the way have you looked at the Sew Lisette flickr group - not that I want to give you more internet-based distractions but there are some portfolio trousers in there. Mine are coming on okay, I am not 100% sure yet about the shape though!

christinelaennec said...

You look like a 1930s movie star, Roobeedoo! Probably helped by all that sitting up straight.

Happymousefairy said...

You look lovely!
I hope one day I am able to sew clothes the way you do, you're so talented :-)

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Stunning outfit and you look fabulous:)

Jodi Wade said...

I looooooooove that top!! Polka dots!

feresaknit said...

I still love that top. :D