Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MMJ Day 15: Crystals and Lumpy Bits

Today I wore:


My new self-drafted top, blogged here.

New Look 6190 trousers, blogged here

Granny's crystal beads!

And yes... the inevitable Gap cardigan!



Today is the first time EVER I have been able to take my cardigan off with confidence while wearing these trousers, because AT LAST I have a top that covers the waist-slippage situation - woo hoo!

It is also the first time I have worn this set of beads from my grandmother's treasure trove of costume jewellery. I remember her wearing these on a Sunday for church.


I don't have many memories of my granny, as she died when I was 5. I am guessing that these beads date from the 1930's, but I may be wrong - they could be as recent as the 1950's. They are strung on a "silver" chain and are very heavy. I think they undercut the sportiness of that lilac stitching at the neck. I regret not waiting to buy matching thread!

I was very comfortable in this outfit, but I see that all the lumps and bumps of the belt and pleats show through the fabric - boo hoo!

Ah well, never mind, eh?

5 comments:

Lucette said...

you look so sharp!
but you knew that already
love the necklace, it really finishes off the outfit

Steven L. Ritter said...

I like that outfit... You look great!

Praying for FL...

christinelaennec said...

That's a great outfit! I think you're being far too critical about the "lumps and bumps". I can't see them! And I'm sure they're even less visible as you are moving in your clothes rather than standing still for a photo.
It's great that you're getting some use out of your granny's "crystals".

Roisin Muldoon said...

You look adorable as ever in this outfit, Roo. I'm well jelz of your pattern drafting skills - that's something I need to try my hand at one of these days! x

feresaknit said...

Clever you with the top! I love the little tucks round the neck line. :D