Friday, June 17, 2011

MMJ Day 17: Throwing Shapes

The other day, Christine left a comment which mentioned how different clothes look when you actually move in them. And she is right, of course. So I thought I would demonstrate my Friday outfit in action.


Disclaimers: no children or animals were injured during filming.

Any similarity to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental.

These pictures were taken before a glass of Orvieto Classico, Lidl £3.99 per bottle.






The sheer joy of wide trousers is that you don't get a VPL... though it was touch and go for these pictures!



The high waist means you can throw some really silly shapes and your blouse remains tucked in.

I take bookings for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs.


Just don't ask me to sing.




Today I wore:




Neutral version of the Eva Dress 1940's trousers, blogged here.

White dobby dot Lisette Portfolio blouse, blogged here.



Audrey-in-Unst came too!


Two-tone shoes.

And my bluebird brooch (as yesterday).


This month of style-blogging has certainly taught me a lot about the importance of photo quality. I have had far more comments on my MMJ pictures on Flickr where the photo has been well lit and I have looked... um... streamlined.

Tomorrow I get my hair cut - and not a moment too soon!

6 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...

I LOVE these wide 'oxford style' trousers - so comfy with a high waist - they suit you very well. Hope all is good with you Roobeedoo

Debi said...

LOVE it! These trousers are awesome!!!

Lorna said...

Well you are just over half way through June and you've done really well. I have been watching, just short on brain space. I loved the polka dot blouse and blue trousers, personally I would love to see that neckline and material as a dress. There's a challenge for you. ;-)

christinelaennec said...

Roobeedoo, you are a hoot! Who's doing the Charleston now?!

Cathy said...

So when are you sewing the Wonder Woman outfit? ha ha
I like the action shots- makes me notice how enviably slim you are too!
Anyway, I love reading your blog so I would like to give you this
http://amarekemakes.blogspot.com/2011/06/awards-time.html
x
Cathy

feresaknit said...

Oh la la! :D