Sunday, June 19, 2011

MMJ Day 19 and a WIP catch up



No MMJ picture for Saturday because I was getting my hair cut and didn't want the hairdresser to make assumptions about me from the way I was dressed! So it was today's outfit without the tunic... in other words, not at all me-made - shocking, I know!


Today I am wearing my Brighton Pavilions print tunic, blogged here.

Howies jeans and Gap t-shirt.

Oh - me-made socks though! Flaming February socks blogged here.


I cast on a new pair of socks on Friday night: meet Lenora! I had been stalking this pattern on Ravelry, waiting for it to go "live". Originally a Three Irish Girls sock club pattern, it is now available to everyone to purchase. I don't know why, but it totally grabbed me. I am using Old Maiden Aunt Superwash merino in the colour Bluebells, bought at UK Knit Camp last year. That's just one evening's knitting - woo hoo! The joy of socks!

And here is Her Ladyship, Ms Betty Jean. All crumpled up from being squashed into a sock-sized knitting bag. Will I finish in June? I truly doubt it. She was sucking the fun out of knitting. I had to cast on for that sock to prove to myself that I do still enjoy playing with yarn and pointy sticks. I am not a lover of endless stocking-stitch. But I will get there... eventually!


Well, look at that, it's only noon and I have done some weeding and some blogging and the floor is clean despite FL dropping a full pot of yoghurt at breakfast time. The washing is on the line. The dog has been walked.


Sewing time!!!!

9 comments:

ashley0107 said...

I've just learnt to knit toe up socks and have rediscovered the joy of sock knitting! Especially since discovering Ravelry and all of the wonderful sock patterns on there! :)
Sounds like you've had a productive morning. Enjoy your sewing!
Ashley x

Lorna said...

I love the new hair cut. It really suits you, as does your whole outfit.

I am confused by the boat though.

didyoumakethat said...

I want to see more of the new hair cut!!! You've taken quite a lot off, haven't you? From a distance, it looks cute as a button.

tim's wife said...

Love the new "do" and I agree with Lorna, it's definitely you.

Sandy said...

Very stylish cut - perfect for a day on the water in that boat... except it looks as if it may not be getting launched any time soon or will it? Anyhow, you have a lot on your plate with FL, weeding, sewing and knitting so the boat can wait.

KC said...

I love the hair cut--very mod. Suits the cool tunic very well.

Amy said...

Your hair cut is lovely. I just cast on for a new sweater and now I want to make socks like yours. No wonder I never finish my knitting projects...

Roobeedoo said...

The boat? It's been in the field for 33 years after its owner offered to pay £5 a month rent to have it kept safe. If he ever comes back we'll be rich! ;)

feresaknit said...

What the fiver a month didn't include washing it down once in a while? ;D

Love the haircut it's so chic.