Thursday, June 09, 2011

MMJ Day 9: I never promised you a rose garden

Today I wore:



Sencha in Liberty rose print, blogged here


Eva Dress 1940's pattern trousers, blogged here


Audrey-in-Unst cardi, blogged here


My grandmother's glass beads, worn doubled.


Two-tone navy and white brogues.


Today I had several considerations to take inot account when making my choice of outfit: a major Committee meeting (membership includes a Knight of the Realm!) lunch in the rose garden with a knitty friend (hooray!); and Parents' Night at The Girl's school. So I had to be smart without being stand-offish, and "not too weird". Tricky!





My mother would tell me I can't wear navy and green together, but both colours appear in the Liberty print, so it "goes".




And then it rained. So that was the end of the rose garden plan.





But I did get to watch seagull chicks paddling on the office roof. They look like tabby kittens with wings!

11 comments:

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

Oohh, I do love that Cardigan. It might just find it's way into my Queue. I think green and navy look lovely together, and you're outfit is fab.

Amy said...

I wear navy and green a lot, so I'm biased when I say I like your outfit! Sounds like a busy day.

I don't know that I've ever seen seagull chicks--which is odd, because we certainly have a lot of gulls around here. Cute!

Bernice said...

I'm really enjoying all your MM posts. The outfits you have put together are lovely. All the best for the remainder of June.

Bernice said...

I'm really enjoying all your MM posts. The outfits you have put together are lovely. All the best for the remainder of June.

christinelaennec said...

Another fab Roobeedoo outfit! (I'm glad I never heard before now that navy and green are a forbidden combo - ?) It seems like dressing for the weather forecast in the North-East of Scotland is risky. It was supposed to rain Weds. and didn't, then not supposed to rain Thurs. and did! Good thing the chicks and the roses don't mind.

Jane said...

Absolutely lovely outfit and there's nothing wrong with navy and green together! x

Dibs said...

Roobeedoo, you are absolutely right. If liberty can mix the colours, then so can you. and it looks fab. Knight of the Realm? my my, you roll in fancy circles...lol.
The rain does my head in. You wear something really nice and then down comes the rain ( along with the cold).

jenibrown said...

Love the outfit, love your style. And I'm all for versatile outfits!

jenibrown said...

Love the outfit, love your style. And I'm all for versatile outfits!

jenibrown said...

Love the outfit, love your style. And I love versatile outfits too!

jessica said...

Roo, I have really been loving these outfits you have put together this time around. I mean, I always love your outfits (style twin! hehe), but it feels like each time you take on one of these Me-Made challenges, you take it up a notch! Bravo dear =).