Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mushroom Prints

Do you ever get hit by a print obsession?




When you've been bobbing along for a while sewing nice plain "go with everything" staples... only to be slapped round the face with a crazy must-have pattern?




I am having a mushroom moment.



Or maybe they are toadstools. I could ask FL - he would know! ;)



This piece of polka dot madness would make SUCH a great apron!




While these reggae-tastic cartoon mushrooms would make great pyjama bottoms.




Or something for my son? I know he would appreciate this print but I can't think what I could use it for.

A pair of pillowcases for The Boy and his lady-love?









And last but not least, here is the print that started me off on this psychedelic quest.




I really fancy a Ginger skirt made up in this print.



No, honestly, I do!



All fabrics available at Fancy Moon.



I promise you I was not sponsored to write this post!

9 comments:

ashley0107 said...

I love browsing through Fancy Moon, so many pretty prints :) I really like the mushroom prints, they're really cute!
Ashley x

Steph said...

I say- what's the use of having a wardrobe full of sensible staples if you can't go shrooming sometimes??

Jane said...

Ooh mushrooms! I think a Ginger skirt from the purple fabric would look fabulous, go on, you know you want to! x

Sandy said...

The purple print with a 'shroom colored taupe top would be stunning on you... better to wear them than to eat them - like Alice discovered.

christinelaennec said...

I can't wait to see you bedecked in mushrooms! I love the last one best.

Anonymous said...

You need a mushroom polka dotted apron. The wrap kind with bias bound edges and armholes. I am also rooting for the lounge pants, pillowcases and ginger skirt. Photos please.

Alice

jessica said...

That sounds utterly ridiculous and in the best possible way!!! I am SUCH a fan of print obsessions! Really, it's highly recommended. I'll bet if you made a Ginger out of that purple fabric, it would become one of your favorite skirts. I vote for going for it!

faeriecollege said...

My obsession runs towards those Japanese fairytale prints. I can't resist them. I haven't bought any yet (they're so pricey!), but one day! One day I shall have an entire outfit covered with Alices and Little Red Riding Hoods. And that's just fine :D

Roobeedoo said...

So that's a yes to mushrooms then? Oops - and it's payday as well! ;)
Sandy - you're right about a taupe top - another excuse to buy fabric too!