Sunday, August 07, 2011

FO: Still Life with Tea Posy

Stats:

Pattern: Rosie Posy Tea Cosy by Loani Prior, from The Knitter Issue 2, but now available free from Ravelry here.

Yarn: 200g of various aran weight yarns from the stash, including 50g of Schoppel Wolle "Kiss" (the nobbly bits), plant-dyed aran left over from my daughter's Staccato hoodie, Noro Kureyon and some Reggae Ombre left over from FL's rainbow Centuria hat/s.

Verdict?: Um... it fits! ; )

FL identified the need for a tea cosy, and my knitterly pride would not allow him to buy some ugly lump of padded polyester from the supermarket.

It was a very quick knit, though I laboured a bit over the crochet roses, as the pattern was written in "English" and my crochet instruction book is in "American". This might explain the sheer volume of my roses!

The pattern was designed for double-knitting yarn, but the ribbing makes it very stretchy and you can pretty much knit-to-fit. The Knitter's instructions had me knit the "flower bed" below the roses, but I see that the free version of the pattern uses crochet for this section, which seems like a much better plan as it is easier to work a circle to the correct diameter for your tea pot in crochet, rather than knitting.

It is, in FL's words: "a piece of nonsense". But I know he means that in a good way!

12 comments:

ashley0107 said...

It's lovely! :) Now I simply must get a teapot soon so I can knit a tea cosy for it :)
Ashley x

Scruffybadger said...

How adorable! Now that is what I call tea with style!

Debi said...

LOVE this!!!

Annie said...

What fun!

Lizzi said...

I like nonsense!

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

It's fantastic!!

feresaknit said...

I was wondering why mine had about nine roses and your's had three! It's lovely. :D

Lorna said...

I might just use the pattern to make a hat!

christinelaennec said...

It's a FAB piece of nonsense!

Spikeabell said...

Yeah but its a useful piece of nonsense!.. It keeps tea hot (and lifts the spirits)

daisydonut said...

It's fab, I shall have to get a teapot so I can knit one too!

Sigrid said...

A happy bit of nonsense !