Sunday, September 18, 2011

FO: Demne Baby Cardi

One week of light evening knitting.
One baby-sized cardigan in Shilasdair Luxury DK, which I bought at Yarn Cake in Glasgow.
The pattern is Demne, by Knitsofacto.
It was an interesting knit, with lots of provisional cast-ons and knitting in every possible direction.  I learned a new cast-off technique, which I recommend you try : )

Verdict?
It's all about the texture of the stitch pattern, that simple square neck, the natural softness of the yarn.

For a special baby with a knitty mother.



11 comments:

RooKnits said...

Gorgeous. I love it.

Twelfthknit said...

Perfect combination of yarn, pattern, buttons

Kestrel said...

I like! Wool looks great and is the perfect match for the pattern. Always on the lookout for new baby knits these days.

cindy said...

Love the sweater! Where can the pattern be bought?

Roobeedoo said...

It is a free pattern. Click the link to Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/demne

Annie said...

The yarn was a perfect choice! That's going to be one cosy baby :D

(Sorry about the every-which-way and all the ends ... a necessary evil.)

Lizzi said...

What is it about a wee baby jacket that makes me want to say aaawww! Must be hormones - the same ones that make me call every one sweetheart, darling or honey all of a sudden - what is that all about??

christinelaennec said...

Wow that is so beautiful! Lucky baby - though the mother will appreciate it most.

faeriecollege said...

It's so sweet it's making my teeth rot. In a good way, you understand ;)

feresaknit said...

Lovely! :D

Gabrielle said...

I read this blog post back in September and didn't dare to hope that this lovely cardi might be coming our way!

I'd just like to say a very quick and HUGE thank you for your gifts (cardi and both hats) and I'll be blogging some photos of them all for you to see as soon as I can...i.e. when Spud is not fussing and being horribly unphotogenic!

Gx