Thursday, September 29, 2011

Something Old, Something New

I thought I would have had a steady stream of incoming mail this week to share with you... but it's been very quiet.  Worryingly so.  I might have to start calling in on all the other farms with the same name as ours, just in case...

But let's be optimistic and assume that I am about to take delivery of some fresh sewing inspiration!

I succumbed to another vintage Betsey Johnson pattern from the 1970's.  I stumbled upon a new-to-me sewing blogger who had made these trousers, and was smitten.  Yes, they are absolutely shoooge!  But we all know how I feel about wide-legged trousers ... and this pattern was very cheap.

Um, yes, they are only a teen size 7, but I reckon it won't take much to make them a little wider round the hip given the yardage already involved in those front pleats!  I have some brown and lilac pinstripe moleskin in the stash, ready and waiting for some 70's madness : )

I also snapped up a copy of the latest Colette blouse pattern, Jasmine.  That was over a week ago.  I have previously bought things from the same UK e-tailer and they arrived the next day.  Hmmm.  But I am not going to get anxious about it.  Even though I wanted to make this last weekend!

I am going to use the teal and brown plaid in the centre of this picture, cut on the cross.  That pintuck blouse was never going to work out.


FL has been reminding me all week that I haven't finished my teal wool Ginger skirt.  I know!  But I want to be sure the bias has dropped as far as it is going to go before I add the zip and hem. 

Fingers crossed for lots of sewing this coming weekend!

6 comments:

Kestrel said...

Fingers crossed all your parcels arrive! I hate losing stuff in the post, so annoying. Good luck with your productive sewing weekend too.

Annie said...

Crumbs ... I was a teen in the late 1970s and I swear I made a pair of trousers just like those !!! can't wait to see what you do with the pattern :D

Scruffybadger said...

O wow! Tartan on the bias Colette blouse! Amazing ideas. I also look forward to you transforming what I would see as "flares" into enviably stylish "wide leg trousers" I wish I had your eye! Can't wait!! Good luck sewing and accepting delivery!!

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

Wow! Those flares are... flarey!! I LOVE that Jasmine pattern, so I'll be interested to see how yours turns out. Good luck with the Ginger zip, and I hope your post turns up. :)

christinelaennec said...

Fingers crossed the postie comes laden tomorrow! And that you get lots of good stitching time this weekend. Hope FL is feeling better too.

SM said...

Just made a pleated tartan dress and decided to do the bodice on the bias. I attached it to a poly lining, which has served as a good scaffold--that bias bodice is being very well behaved. It couldn't stretch out if it wanted to.