Monday, October 17, 2011

Wave to Betty Jean - she's off on an adventure!

At about 5am this morning, FL woke me:

FL:  Is that you squeaking?
Me: Wassat? Huh?  mumble mumble sleeping...
FL:  SQUEAKING, are you SQUEAKING?
Me: NO!  I AM SLEEPING!  What time is it?
FL:  Oh no, ho ho ho, sorry - it's the geese.  I heard the geese and I thought it was you!  Ha ha ha - now go to sleep!  It's only 5 o'clock...
Me:  Ughhhhhh...

But this disturbance propelled me into a strange dream, in which I was trying to ride a penny farthing cycle up a steep snowy hill, pulling myself up by grabbing hold of the grit on the walls of the houses I passed.
Halfway up the hill, I met Eunny Jang, who was unpacking a vanload of books into a student house, and wanted me to proof-read her PhD.  I told her I was too busy right now but could she keep in touch, please?
And then I met a group of foster-carers from South London, complete with dozens of children, who were showing me photographs and wanted me to read them stories - would I come to the library with them?  Sorry - busy right now, but I'll be back later.

Cute Child:  Whatya doin' Roo?
Me:  STEEKING.  I am STEEKING!

And that, my friends, is what you call a life-like dream.

4 comments:

christinelaennec said...

What a hoot! (or should that be honk?) Just don't try steeking, as opposed to squeaking, while asleep. Betty Jean is going to be great!

Lizzi said...

You are making me nervous now - have you done it yet? Lovely geese pics.

Ozzy Blackbeard said...

Oh my goodness!! That's mad!! Good luck with the steeking! :)

Cathy said...

Fantastic- it is one of those dreams that keeps you slightly confused til lunchtime!