Monday, December 26, 2011

A Knitted Christmas in Pictures

On Christmas Eve, I read my family the Queen's Speech - no, not the Buckingham Palace woman, the Yarn Harlot woman!

If you did not instruct your family on the "Proper Way to Receive a Knitted Gift"  (Yarn Harlot, 24 December 2011), you missed a trick.

The Boy:  "OH WOW!"

What he was really  thinking:  "What is it?"

The Boy:  "It's VERY SOFT!"

What he was really thinking:  "What IS it?"
 The Boy:   "Actually... it IS very soft!"

The Boy:  "What are these holes for?"

The Boy:  "THANK YOU!"





 FL:  "It's a HAT!"
 Me:  "Oh shucks, boys, you flatter my knitting skills too much!  Next year I'll have to knit you some SOCKS!"

Me:  "Do you like my new dress?"

Me:  "No... I bought it."

Me:  "No, really, I BOUGHT it!"


(The Velvet Bird)
The Boy:  "I thought this would help you with your research...?"

FL:  "Hahahaha... huh?!"



The Girl:  "Don't take my picture!  No, I mean it, don't take my picture!"

The Girl:  "Ooh!"

The Girl:  "Thanks mum!"

It was a pair of Veyla Mitts in Fyberspates Sparkle Sock, colourway:  Blackberry.  Ravelled here.
I finished the Retro Rib Socks.  They are too big for me so I am putting them away for a future gifting opportunity - yay!  I'm ready for NEXT Christmas!

Stats:
Pattern:  Retro Rib Socks from "Favorite Socks"
Yarn:  Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "S.W.A.K" colourway.
Done on 2.75mm dpns.

They look nothing like each other...
And this is what I knitted on Christmas Day.

Everybody Outta The Pool socks, toe-up, using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Boughs of Holly" colourway.

It had to be done.

OK, time to work off Christmas dinner...  has anyone seen the dog?

3 comments:

Lizzi said...

Great post, Roo - it made me laugh.

Happy Christmas.

faeriecollege said...

I laughed too. Especially about the Girl.

The Boy and FL look smashing in their knits! Good job you.

Happy Christmas.

christinelaennec said...

I love this post! And the Yarn Harlot's instructions are perfect. You have trained your family well. I'm so pleased they all enjoyed the knitterly love, and also you look great in that dress! I like the tights too.

And - cool socks on the go! Enjoy the break.